Galway County Council Chambers
Challenges and Restrictions Faced
- Moving hazards like pedestrians, workers, cyclists, and vehicle traffic that warranted extra caution
- No access to the building facade because of the inability to use Mobile Elevating Work Platforms or scaffolding to reach the work area
- Ensuring there was minimal disruption to business and operations at Galway County Council Chambers while repair work was active
- Gathering and transportation of waste such that it didn’t affect pedestrians or traffic below, and was also re-routed to not go through the building
One of the key challenges faced by the team was to ensure minimal disruptions to business and operations, especially since there were important meetings being held in the top floor offices, and no noise was permitted. Despite these restrictions, the project was completed on time with no disruptions to the staff working inside.
An estimated 300 kg of green waste was removed from the walls, packaged, and transported off the premises with no debris left behind.
All Industrial Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA) guidelines were followed, along with clear and precise documentation throughout the process.
All success metrics were met.
- The project was completed on time and on budget
- No disruptions to the staff of the building
- 100% safety record with zero incidents
- Low cost to the client
- No damage to the building
Duration of project:
1 day, 24 man-hours
If you have a project and need a quote, contact us and book a no-obligation, in-person consultation today.